Saturday, September 15, 2012

Here we go.....


               So hit or miss trip so far. The hotel, as interesting and cool as it was, was in a REALLY bad neighborhood. The rent a car screwed us hard so we had to scramble to do some things we wanted to do. Also the rent a car fiasco cost me a chance to reconnect with friends I really wanted to see, but I do suppose if they really wanted to see me they could have come my way. Any way onto good stuff.
               The hotel was actually a (questionable) international hostel. Cool atmosphere and interesting people watching. The place had a pool, bar, and restaurant that they kept in a constant state of party. I swear at two am I went down to get a vending machine treat and people were engaged in sexual congress in the pool. Interesting.
               Due to lack of rental car we had to bus to Exposition Park, and our time there was more limited than I would have liked. Still we managed to see the Rose Garden, some of USC, The California Science Center, and The Los Angeles County Natural History Museum. The highlight by far being the extensive gem and mineral collection at the LACNHM. It was too extensive to describe and I saw many beautiful things.
               The next day we were rescued from the evil hostel area by my dear friend Kitsune. We were spirited away to beautiful Anaheim. We walked Downtown Disney and I cooked us a good grilled meal (veggies and pork chops!) We made that an early night as the next day we were bound for the happiest place on earth.
               We awoke to clouded and cooled weather. We arrived and were ushered in to the Disneyland Park. Kitsune had a friend that managed to get us into the park for free as well which was more amazing than I could have hoped. We got pins and commenced trading with the awesome cast members. The park was a good time. Not a lot of people thanks to the time of year, we didn’t wait more than 25 minutes for any ride. The weather stayed cool and it was a good day. Let’s see am I forgetting anything? Hmmm…Oh yeah…I surprised the hell out of Danger by proposing in the magic castle in the middle of Disneyland. She said yes. It was cool. Oh yeah, and Captain Eo is back. It was lame.
               We spent the next two days recuperating from Disneyland at my parents’ house I the 7th level of hell, I mean The Valley. A trip to The Getty was spoiled by a massive brush fire. No huge thing but I do enjoy The Getty and I am sorry Danger won’t see it.  As I write this we sit in a movie theater waiting to see the entire Indiana jones movie collection (awesome) as the end to our trip. We fly back tomorrow and I am looking forward to the day of nothing before a new work week. More food later and then at the end I will post a blog naming and locating all the places I ate at. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good time, despite the hiccups. Love how you just throw in there that you got engaged - no biggy right? ;)

    ReplyDelete