Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An introduction/ and a miracle

     For all those who don't know me, my name is Damon. I am a thirty year old chef living in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I have started this blog as two parts therapy, one part creative outlet.
     This blog will include, but not be limited to; My professional life such as it is, rantings about my surroundings, my romantic life, train wreck that it is, or any other god damned thing I feel like writing. I hope you enjoy some of the things I write as it appeals to my sense of narcissism, and unending quest for self glorification.  I will update it as often as I can, I am promising two updates a week at first until I figure out if this whole blogging thing is for me.
       A note: when I use names, as I know I am bound to do, names shall be changed to protect those whom might not want their shit spilled. I will try to leave you with a thought at the end of each post as well, just because I like to make people think.


So the introduction is over now time for a miracle.

     I got to see a miracle occur yesterday. Two people, whom love each other more than they love themselves, came together and got married. I have got to see these two interact for some five years, I have come to love these two people. They have had some extreme challenges on their journey.
     The miracle is not that they overcame adversity to come together, as every couple has to deal with that. The miracle is that it is two people that are clearly meant to be together, actually finding each other, and recognizing the bond.
     This is indeed a miracle, and it could not have happened to more deserving people. Too see this miracle gives me hope for my situation in the future.
       The party was awesome too, as was expected by these two. I got to connect and reconnect with great people, and had my first swing dance......with the groom. It was hot. Very hot. I even had a little bit of romance.
     The whole event made me feel connected in a way I have not felt in a while. I sometimes forget that I have built up a circle of great people that are as dear to me as family. I must make a greater effort to keep these people in my life.

     Thought of the evening: Connection, what does it mean to you?
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment